Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Preparing set list for Larsen show Friday

I brushed off some older songs and I will definitely be playing "Hidden Meadow Song" which I have never played on stage before. It hasn't been recorded either. My voice isn't able to sustain the high notes in the chorus of "Coming Home". I can if I drop the guitar down a step or two, but I don't have enough guitars to have one ready in that tuning and I don't want to waste time detuning on stage. I'm considering "Where You Are" but I am reworking the bridge because I can't sing it the way it is written because a few notes are too high. Dang how age plays with your vocal range. However I met some vocal coaches at Summer Jam West that teach SSL (speech level singing) that say they can increase my range. I should take at least one lesson with Dean Kaelin.

1 comment:

  1. I have taken SSL, it is AMAZING. During that time I could sing a baratone B flat, up to a first soprano A.

    ReplyDelete