Friday, June 25, 2010

Pat's BBQ - I'm not telling her to shut up!

Nancy and I had some great pork and I played a few songs at Pat's BBQ last night. There's always some good talent there. Richard Parkinson played one of his songs that almost made Nancy cry. There is a young girl that has a nice voice which we had seen before (I should know her name). She has a song called "Shut Up" so when they told her she could play just one more I yelled out "Shut Up" and everyone around me just thought I was mean nasty and rude. What kind of person heckles a performer at an open mic with "shut up"? Anyway, she did not hear me and played something else. We talked to her afterwards, laughed, and she will play it for us the next time we are there at the same time.

So I performed "Peace Will Come", "She Cries", "Sweet Celebration", "Reason To Believe." My performance was OK except for the last song. I should always end with something I have down pat. I KNOW this but I guess I don't, because I played "Reason To Believe" without practicing and I had not touched it since recording on May 31. Doh!!! Boy, was it ragged, almost embarrassing. But good practice. Now all of my focus will be on the July 3 day in the park in Ashton ID!!!!

1 comment:

  1. We can not wait to have you perform here in Ashton!!!!!! It will just be AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete