Wednesday, June 9, 2010

PWOP studio to the rescue!

My good friend Carl Franklin over at PWOP studio in New London, CT (http://www.pwop.com/) has remixed "Reason to Believe" for me and it sounds so much better. I am still working on remixes of some of the other tunes and this one will help me get there.

Also recording "Forever and a Day" this morning. It's just guitar and vocal with a second guitar coming in at the bridge and through to the end. But the guitar needs to be played start to finish without a mistake; it can't be punched in because the guitar is constantly moving throughout. I have a really good take with just one flub. When I try to clean it with a punched in dub it sounds like a stutter. Well, all the greats in the early days like Elvis and Johnny Cash, they and their bands had to play everything perfect all the way because it was being mixed and mastered all at the same time. When they finished they has a record. It's even more amazing with guys like Frank Sinatra because they had to do it perfect with a huge orchestra all at the same time. So I shouldn't complain that I have this one part that has to be played straight through. I'll try it again in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment