Sunday, July 25, 2010

Photo Shoot and "Lowdown" Recording

Nancy and I went to old downtown Lehi today and met photographer Val Westover http://valwestoverphotography.com/ and he took a lot of photos of me with my guitar near railroad tracks at 100 East State Street. It's an abandoned warehouse sort of look. Nancy saw some of the pictures in his camera and says they look really good. He'll have them ready for us to look at in a few days. I'll be scheduling a studio session to get some press kit head shots. It was a 101 degrees out but I still had a lot of fun.

Recorded "Lowdown" last night. I played it live a couple of times recording vocals and guitar together, but I did not like the sound. So I recorded three takes of just the guitar and then added the vocal separate. Sounds pretty good. This is a slide guitar song so it is different from anything else I play and uses a technique that I am not very practiced in. I'm super critical and I hear a lot of things that can be improved in the playing, but it is what it is. I will mix it and post it to the site this week

No comments:

Post a Comment