Monday, May 31, 2010

Andrew and Steve Explore Mixing!

NEW SONGS HERE!  ---> Song Catalog

Nancy and I went to Ashton, ID this weekend to visit Andrew and Margie and I brought the TASCAM and speakers along. I haven't gotten any mixes I really liked; they all sound like I am in a box or washed out. When I try to get more depth I just end up with more "room space" and echo. We fiddled with knobs for hours to see if we could get better sound ... and we did! I have brand new mixes for "Reason to Believe" and "We Can Fly". We also remixed "Looks Like Rain", "Today" and "Us." I will rework “Looks Like Rain” this week with another verse. Nancy has a great idea to open the song with an instrumental chorus and finish it out with an instrumental of the bridge section. I will also be remixing "Don't Let Me Down", and "Roll Your Way", and "Today". I need to redo "She's My Girl" and play it just a little slower.

I played the guitar for "Reason To Believe" twice and spread the two guitars out left and right. It kind of sounds like a 12 string but it is two 6 strings. It was tough to play it exactly the same but I did it! I also modified the way I ended each chorus and trimmed this magnum opus down so it is less than 6 minutes.

The only major project left is to record an acoustic version of "Forever and a Day" for Michael and Cathy. Then my wedding repertoire will be complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment