Saturday, May 15, 2010

Posting Some Songs!

I've been blogging about songs but nobody has heard them unless they've seen me perform. A couple have never been performed live. None of these are finished but I'll throw some up anyway. After all, that's what this is all about, isn't it? Your comments will help me a lot. I am working in a vacuum. Any advice or input is greatly appreciated. Tell me what works and what doesn't. I added some vocals to "Looks Like Rain" but it really needs another verse. For now I repeated the bridge twice. I'm posting it anyway because I've blogged a lot about it used it to experiment with microphones and effects.

Must Be Love.mp3
Looks Like Rain.mp3 (co-written with Carl Franklin)
Us (For Carson and David).mp3
Riverton Boys.mp3
Mr. Barrett.mp3 (This is a true story. It upset me a lot)
Today (For Kate and Branson).mp3

Talk to me!

2 comments:

  1. Steve, the recordings and music sound great. I really like "Looks Like Rain" and "Us" especially the chorus on both songs. "Must be love" is probably the most polished song from start to finish. "Mr. Barrett" is one of the hardest songs to listen to. Probably because I have kids now and I would kill someone that ever did that to my kids.

    The only song that I would criticize is "Riverton Boys" for being too geographically specific when talking about Artic circle, South Jordan, Sonic, and Denny's. It makes a lot of sense to me because I grew up in that area, but if you can somehow make it appeal to someone that didn't grow up in that area, it might appeal to a greater audience and bring back their own memories of growing up and cruising main st. with their friends on the weekends. Just a thought.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. We downloaded all of the songs. They sound good. We have some feedback and we'll call ya or wait till we see ya to share. Keep up the great work and keep those songs coming.

    ReplyDelete