Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Saturday's House Concert

I was invited to play three songs for intermission at the Sons of Other Mothers house concert last Saturday. I played Must Be Love, Rosemary Days, and We Can Fly. People were impressed with We Can Fly because I played with a broken string. It broke while tuning it to an alternate D tuning (not standard). It was a drone string, meaning one that I never finger throughout the song but use to create a sustained ring in the background (similar to bagpipes). The lower string also does that so I didn't lose too much. With the string hanging off my guitar I just ripped right in and did the song. Wow! Steve can play with a broken string! Now I'm a guitar stud hero via smoke and mirrors.


Sons of Other Mothers played two sets of well rehearsed and well presented material featuring their unique blend of guitar arrangements. Very tasty indeed! Check them out at reverb nation.


1 comment:

  1. Steve, thanks for the kind words. We enjoyed your performance and were glad you were able to make it! I especially liked the broken string song. The mother of the bride from the wedding earlier in the day commented to me that she was impressed with your lyrical abilities and performance. She said she used to sing in the big bands back in the day. thanks again
    Alan

    ReplyDelete