Thursday, February 25, 2010

Catalogue

I've been rehearsing some of my cover songs, working on playing and singing. I have also been going through all of the computer files I have of lyrics, mp3s, imported cassettes, etc. I have a lot of duplicate records which I am consolidating so I have only one version of each thing. It was fun listening to some of the old Blackstone rehearsals (circa 1981). I figured out how to save all of the TASCAM recording data to files on my PC. So I have backed up everything off the TASCAM studio.

I am cataloguing all of my songs with an approximate year it was written and a co-writer if any. I'll post that once I have it compiled. A lot of the old songs aren't worth anything but the learning experience. But some of these old songs make it into new songs. And a song is never finished. Even while recording "Must Be Love", "Sweet Celebration", and "Looks Like Rain" I was changing a word or a line here and there. There's a good 25-30 I feel are good enough to play in public.

I plan on doing some more recording this weekend. I want to play around with remixing "Sweet Celebration" I definitely want to redo the choir stuff at the end so it doesn't sound like a bunch of Steves :) If I can transcribe it to notes I may get Branson, Kate, and Nancy to sing the choir stuff with me. I definitely need to scratch most of the other songs and start over.

No comments:

Post a Comment