Saturday, February 13, 2010

NASI Meeting

I spent a good part of the day in the studio. Wednesday I attended the monthly Salt Lake meeting NASI songwriters meeting. I had hoped to play "Looks Like Rain" and get feedback from the group but I didn't get the chance. There were a about 30 attendees and 12 or so wanted to perform their songs. The lesson part went to about 8:30 and I had to leave around 9. I listened to a few good songs and had to leave. Rich Parkinson gave a seminar on recording and gave me a good idea about using a mic behind the guitar. So that's what I did today. I put an SM57 and an AKG vocal mic in front of the guitar and my Audio Technica condenser mic behind my shoulder. I spent a few hours recording "Looks Like Rain" and I think I'm getting some of the best acoustic guitar sounds yet. Then I spent some time working on a second guitar part to make it fuller.

Monday's a holiday so I plan to record the two guitar parts and put a vocal track on it. It will be a good demo at that point. I've been thinking of drum and bass tracks for "Looks Like Rain" and other production and arrangements ideas. I have a synth thing running in my mind for "Us". I hope to spend some time programming some drum tracks on Monday as well. I'll start brushing off "Don't Let Me Down" and "See You Tonight" and reheasring them.

No comments:

Post a Comment