Monday, February 8, 2010

Basement Construction

This is the basement sometime in August 2009


This is the studio during construction:

This is the basement in November complete with the giant flat screen! LOL

And this is the cleaned and organized studio!

So this past weekend I did some recording.I wrote the song "Us" for my oldest daughter's wedding in September 2009. I had played it just enough to memorize it and had not played it since. I FORGOT the bridge and could not find the notebook I had written it in. I was in a panic about that because it has a lot of notes and ideas for songs. But I did find it and with some playing around on the guitar I recalled the bridge melody. Yay! So I recorded it this weekend along with a song I wrote back in 2001 "Peace Will Come". So that's two down! The songs left are:

Don't Let Me Down
Looks Like Rain
See You Tonight (2000 version)
Roll Your Way (2001 version)

When I get these down I will have 90 songs recorded. Statistically, I should have at least one or two you will like! In 1985 I recorded about 15 songs at Grace Recording Studios in New Haven, CT. I also had a 4-track cassette in the late eighties but I lost most of those tapes. Most of the songs were recorded using old cassette decks like these so the sound quality is pretty poor:

No comments:

Post a Comment