Sunday, February 28, 2010

Saturday Session - Housekeeping

Woke up at 6 am, showered, and went downstairs to the studio. Worked from about 6:30 to 11, then I had to take care of things in the real world. I finished cataloging all my songs and found only three that do not have any recorded version: "Don’t Let Me Down", "Roll Your Way (version 2)" and "See You Tonight (version 2)". I'll have to rectify that in short order. I also updated my recording chart logs for the last 6 or songs I have recorded. I ran across some idea clips and put them in the Bits and Pieces folder. This was all time consuming although it doesn't seem like much. My complete list of songs is now on the blog as a page under "Catalog" where I have attempted to list the year the song was written and a co-writer if there was one.

98 Songs total. When I figure out how to format the page better I will identify which ones are good enough to be played. I will also identify the ones I am going to record now.

I did get a chance to work on some vocals. I am still having trouble with the bridge in "Looks Like Rain". I think I will have to change the wording just a bit so I don't have to jump to that note with the word "rain". I played around with the choir part on "Sweet Celebration". When I can get it charted I'll get some vocals from my daughters and their husbands so it won't sound like a bunch of Steves :)

No comments:

Post a Comment